The transformation continued and in 1990 Omatek Ventures Limited as the company was then known became a vendor of some of the world- class computers such as Dell, Compaq, IBM, ACER etc .
As a result of the excellent sales performance achieved by Omatek Ventures, the company was appointed as a premium partner of Microsoft. Omatek was selling these products with annual sales revenue of over $1 million dollars.
In the course of time, Omatek metamorphosed from being a computer selling firm to a computer manufacturer. The need to continue to meet the minimum order quantity requirement of some of the best manufacturers in order to sustain production quality, led to the embrace of the SME scheme in partnership with Zenith Bank and Guaranty Trust Bank to:
- manufacture Casings, keyboards and Speakers from Completely Knocked Down (CKD) Components;
- produce the OMATEK brand of Computers, Notebooks and Servers
- export computers, casings and speakers within Africa and
- Generate employment opportunities in the IT Industry for youths.
Omatek recently exited the SME scheme through a Private Placement which has culminated in its listing on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange-the first ICT Company in Nigeria to be so listed.
Today, Omatek has grown into a Group of Companies with the establishment of subsidiaries to strengthen its operations. Omatek Ventures Plc has therefore become the holding company for the subsidiaries namely:
- Omatek Computers Ltd
- Omatek Computers (Ghana)Ltd
- Omatek Ventures (Ghana) Ltd
- Omatek Engineering Services Ltd
- Omatek Ventures Distribution Ltd